Most often, people think of seeing a lactation consultant for help with latching, tongue tie issues, or milk supply issues. There are many other situations where our skill set can be valuable as well.
- Inducing lactation for adoption or surrogacy
- Relactation or a return to breastfeeding after a period of weaning
- Suck training following oral releases for a bottle feeding baby
- Bottle feeding, particularly with babies reluctant to take a bottle, babies unable to take a bottle, or babies physically uncomfortable taking a bottle
- Individual instruction on starting solids
- Back to work planning
- Tandem feeding or nursing multiple children
- Weaning instruction
- Breastfeeding after previous breast surgery
- Private prenatal instruction
All of these situations can be addressed in virtual, in-office, or in-home consultations. Choose the type of consult that best fits your needs.